- Group of local churches, physicians, agencies, businesses identified need for medical and dental assistance
- Free Clinics began in 1999
- Federal Funds received in 2005
- Federally Qualified Health Center started 2006
What is a Community Health Center?
- Not for profit corporations
- Provides comprehensive primary health care to medically underserved populations regardless of ability to pay.
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) is another name for a Community Health Center.
- Created by Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act 1963.
- Federally designated & funded CHC comes in many forms. The consolidated Act of 1996 combined:
- Community Health Centers
- Migrant Health Programs
- Homeless Health Programs
- School-based Health Centers
All people will have access to quality healthcare through CHCFD.
TO provide quality healthcare services for all.
The of Directors and Staff believe:
- All individuals should be treated with compassion and dignity.
- In respecting patient's rights and privacy
- In demonstrating financial responsibility
- In the highest level of honesty and professionalism
- In collaboration and teamwork
- In personal and professional growth.